We are a 16 bedroom guest house located in Blackpool town centre. There are 4 steps to gain access to the guest house and we have rooms on 3 floors which are accessible by climbing stairs. The dining room and bar are on the ground floor with level access.
- We are located in the Town Centre and can be readily reached by car.
- We are 1.5 km from Blackpool North Railway Station and 150m from the National Express coach station. Both are served by regular taxis, some of which have access ramps.
- There are several mobility shops in the area with wheelchairs and scooters for hire. The nearest one being just 200m away.
Arrival & Car Parking:
Upon arrival there is space available directly outside the guest house for loading/unloading. The nearest pay and display car park is just 150m around the corner which has several disabled parking bays. The route from the car park is smooth with 2 roads to cross, 1 with a Puffin crossing and the other having an island in the middle to cross in two stages. There are dropped pavements for use with scooters and wheelchairs. The route from the car park is well lit and there are 4 steps to gain access to our property.
Main Entrance and Reception:
Upon arrival, guests may enter the guest house and press the bell in the reception area. The external door is kept open between approximately 0700 and 2100. The internal door is usually closed. This internal door is glass and side hung. Guests are presented with a key for the external door for use outside the hours of 0700 to 2100, the key for which is a Yale Lock (extra keys are available on request). The porch area between the external door and the internal glass door, and also lobby area are both well lit and on one level towards the reception point. There is another door leading from the lobby area to the dining room and bar area. Again this is all on one level. The reception desk is 970mm high and 970mm wide and is lit from above.
We do not allow pets under any circumstances.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc:
- Leading directly from the reception area is the stairway. This is carpeted throughout and is open all the way to the 3rd floor. There are 18 steps leading to the 1st floor, another 17 steps to the 2nd floor and a further 15 steps to the 3rd floor. There is a wooden handrail/banister provided on all the stairs at a height of 720mm and the width of the stairs are 790mm. The stairways are well lit with ceiling lights and emergency lights.
- There are bedrooms on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor with the reception, dining room, bar and entrance/exit on the ground floor.
Public Areas – Sitting Room, Lounges, Lobbies etc:
The open plan dining room and bar with lounge area are accessed from the main lobby/reception area through a reinforced glass door which is side hung. These areas are well lit with both ceiling and wall lights.
- There are two toilets for use by guests and are located on the first and second floors – although neither currently have wash basins in, anti-bacterial gel is provided.
- Both toilets have laminate flooring. The toilet cubicle on the first floor being just 700mm wide and the toilet cubicle on the 2nd floor 870mm.
- The toilets are ordinary and have not been adapted for the use of disabled persons. Each toilet is well lit by ceiling lights.
Dining Room, Bar & Bar Area & Cafe:
- The dining room/bar area is on the ground floor and is fully carpeted. The bar area has fixed padded seating along two walls and also moveable bar stools around 4 tables.
- The dining room area has 10 tables of various sizes with wooden chairs with back supports. There are no arms on any of the chairs. The chairs are all 450mm in height and the tables are all 730mm. The seating is not fixed and can be moved around if necessary.
- We offer a mix of self service and waiter service at breakfast times but guests can be fully waited on if disabilities restrict them. We can cater for special dietary requirements if notified in advance.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas:
- All rooms require access by stairs and therefore are not wheelchair accessible. There are alarm sounders in all of the rooms but if guests are hard of hearing then in case of emergency they will be roused by staff.
- Once up the stairs, all bedrooms are level access to the corridors.
- All rooms have TV’s with subtitles and cordless electric kettles.
- There are ceiling lights in all rooms and wall lights over the beds.
- The rooms have a mixture of single and double beds. Single beds in the 6 family rooms are 2’6″ width in all other rooms 3′. Double beds in the single and twin rooms are 4′ wide being 4’6″ in all other rooms.
- Rooms are decorated in magnolia and terracotta.
- All rooms have either a chair or stool provided.
Bathroom, Shower-Room & WC (En-suite or shared):
14 of the 16 rooms have en-suite shower rooms consisting of a WC and shower cubicle. In 3 of these en-suite rooms the sink unit is located within the en-suite, with the sink being located in the bedroom in the other 11 rooms and also in the 2 standard rooms. These are all general and have no disabled facilities.
The floors are laminate with access from the bedroom via a solid wood, side hung door.
- We are a fully non-smoking property throughout.
- All rooms have clear evacuation procedures in case of fire.
- We do not accept pets under any circumstances.
- We use background music (radio) in the bar which can be turned down on request.
- We will gladly store guests medication and foods in our kitchen fridges upon request. We also have one portable fridge that can be used if requested.
- There are signs throughout the guest house showing emergency exits, fire extinguishers/alarm points and advising of no smoking.
21 Albert Road
Telephone: 01253 290200
We currently have no plans for alteration.
We welcome your feedback to help us to continue to improve our service. Please telephone 01253 290200 or email email@example.com.